The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities met May 16 at STAR, Inc. The Board approved minutes from four committee meetings and amended, then approved, the April meeting minutes. After approving the expenses and the superintendent’s report, the Board took the following actions:
- Authorized the filling of a vacant service and support administrator position
- Abolished a second vacant service and support administrator position
- Added a person-centered planner position to the Table of Organization under the Adult Services director
- Adopted new policies entitled: Personnel Policies Preamble, Scope of Coverage, Dissemination and Policy Amendments, Release of Public Information, and Employer Rights. In the process, old policies covering these same topics were abolished.
- Voted to clarify the attendance procedures of the Board’s committees and amend the “Committees” policy
- Honored retiring speech therapist Jennifer Oakley
- Thanked Karren Griffith of the Adult Services program who was re-retiring
- Adopted 2013-2014 program calendars with the understanding they are subject to change.
- Approved a new logo and branding system
The Board adjourned after an executive session, held to discuss a matter required by law to be kept confidential. Specifically, they reviewed a matter concerning a service recipient.
The next meeting of the Board is June 20 at 7:00 PM at STAR, Inc., which is located at 2625 Gallia Street in Portsmouth. A meeting of the Board’s Ethics Committee will also be held that evening, in the same building, beginning at 6:45 PM. Both meetings are open to the public.