Thursday, Jan. 3
- AFSCME Retirees Subchapter No. 135 will be meeting at 11 a.m. 2013 at the Vern Riffe Community Center, 3980 Rhodes Avenue, New Boston.
- A special session of Portsmouth City Council will be held Thursday, Jan. 3 to consider candidates for the Fifth Ward council seat vacancy. The session will begin at 6 p.m. in the city building.
- Regular council meeting for the village of New Boston will be held at 6:30 p.m. due to the Jan. 1 holiday.
Friday, Jan. 4
- The organizational meeting of the Nile Township Board of Trustees will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Nile Township Trustees office.
Saturday, Jan. 5
- The 2013 organizational meeting of the Porter Township Trustees will be held at 10 a.m. with the regular meeting to be held immediately thereafter. Meetings are held in the meeting hall located at 1535 Dogwood Ridge in Wheelersburg.
Monday, Jan. 7
- The Trustees of Clay Township will hold a regular board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Clay Senior Center.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Scioto County Commissioners.
- The organizational meeting of the Northwest Regional Water District Board will be held at the Thomas E. Slye Annex located at 123 Smith Street in McDermott.
Northwest High School Alumni Association stated meeting will held in the Conference room at the high school. Main topics on the agenda include scholarships, updating of the mailing list, and appointment of committee chairs. Please pass the word to all alumni as this is their association. Any questions please feel free to contact one of the newofficers: Wallace McClurg - President, Nina Gee - Vice President, Pat Moore- Treasurer, and Claudia Stapleton - Secretary.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
- The Organizational Meeting of the Minford Board of Education will be held at 6 p.m. in the Minford High School Media Center.
Thursday, Jan. 10
- The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting at 6 p.m.